Low fps rate of 10 FPS

I have a decent pc capable of playing recent games with all settings maxed out on 1920x1080. But for some reason tow (1 and 2) doesn't get above 10-20 fps. I've tried all possibe solutions (lasso, set affinity etc) and it still just doesn't work. I've contacted tech suport (both battlefront and 1C company) who don't have a solution either which is very frustrating. My specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Join the club, K_Ninja. See my post here for my experiences:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1223934&postcount=8

Intel Core i7 930 D0 @3.8Ghz

Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R (Rev.1)

6GB DDR3 Corsair PC12800 @ 1600Mhz

MSI 1GB GeForce GTX 460 Cyclone OC

Windows 7 64-Bit

Would you mind divulging what the Battlefront/1C support teams have said to you so far? I'm just interested in what they make of this.

• 2 weeks later...
Charlie;1224172']Would you mind divulging what the Battlefront/1C support teams have said to you so far? I'm just interested in what they make of this.

You have impressive specs, there goes my hope it might be AMD/ATI related :mad: Thus far both helpdesks couldn't provide a working solution. I ran tow in Linux but the frame rate still was poor.

Yeah, unfortunately this has been a problem all along with this series. I have given up hope now that we are a few iterations past the original Theatre of War and I still cannot get playable framerates on the stock missions. I wanted to support the series but, it is just unplayable for me.

quad-core AMD 9550 with a ATI 5870 card.

I wish the developers had stuck with OpenGL, it traditionally runs the Il-2 engine (on which this franchise is based) much, much faster than Direct3D.

Very old Nvidia drivers (pre-170 series or even earlier) may help; I just don't feel like doing the driver dance to see which one works!

I'm another potential customer who has given up. I could never get the demo to go higher than 12 despite squeezing everything possible. As soon as a bit of action started it dropped to 1 or 2 FPS.

I actually think it is CPU bottlenecking, but regardless, I've not seen anything around the traps or in the patch notes to make me think this problem has be solved, so I'm not forking out.

Fortunately, CM:BN looks like it is not too far away.