Canadian Coyotes

Erwin

I'm sure this may have been discussed b4 but I got the NATO game a few weeks after release...

I cannot figure out how to acquire the ammo and rockets in the Canadian Coyotes. The crews can't acquire them, and no other inf squad no matter how small can mount a Coyote (after the crew bails).

It's frustrating as the Coyotes are the only AFV's which carry the LASM and LAW type rockets (in mission 2 of Canadian campaign).

I assume the vehicle and its ammo and equipment load out were copied from the Marines module LAV-25. The weapons carried are identical. Canada does not even use the AT-4 (M136).

As to the crew not being able to acquire this erroneous equipment, this is true for all vehicles in the game that have a dedicated crew. Some vehicles you can swap crew between vehicles as passengers to acquire stuff the vehicle's own crew can't, but the Coyotes, like MBTs, are "locked" to their crew only. No other crew can enter the vehicle.

It's already been pointed out that the Coyotes should have a handful of dismounts, so hopefully along with this the equipment the load out will be correct.

With the Fennick recon version of the German Army there is the same situation, PzF Laucher and rounds but no loading ability and a perm crew. What I do is give the crew the acquire command. The ammo doesn't disappear from the pic listing but does from the acquire listing and when the crew dismounts, they have their weapons. I do this often, I use the four Fennick team to fly ahead to a location, dismount the troops with launchers and rockets and set an ambush for what ever is coming my way.