ive been a long time board wargamer since the late 60's, (yes im THAT old). im new to the SC series and i'd just like to say how much im enjoying GC.

it was exactly the kind of game i was looking for.

ive just finished my 1st 39 campaign and even though i made lots of mistakes playing as allied, i must say i had a great time. i even managed to get germany to surrender before the end of 46. japan was a tougher nut to crack and i was only able to occupy the northern half before the game ended. heck at one point it seemed like i was using the atomic bombs drops as tactical nukes. :D

that game was on medium difficulty, but im starting a new one on the hard setting. eventually i hope to get up to speed enough to try some pbem games against some of you.

Don't mess around with the "expert" setting +2 experience as you will not condition yourself for an H to H game. A great challenge? Sure, but it doesn't provide you with the skills necessary to compete with another player.

Obviously you have mastered the needed mechanics to win the game on the medium difficulty and that is good enough. It is now time to graduate "grasshopper" and start your quest to bathe in the radiance of the SC "force" that all "Strategic Commanders" ultimately strive to attain and the human drama of competition is the only road to that goal.;)