TOW 2 Kursk 1943 Version 1.3.2 & Caen

MaceUK

Ok now I have just bought TOW 2 Kursk 1943 from Gamersgate and the Caen addon from Battlefront today and read that it will work with every version except the Steam one, so I should be fine.

Anyway it will not install, keeps telling me that I don't have TOW 2 Kursk 1943 installed. So there seems to be 3 versions around - 1.3.1, 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 and I have version 1.3.2 so what can I do to get this installed? :(

Sorry, we're looking into reports of incompatibility with non-Battlefront versions of TOW 2 Kursk 1943.

The installation of the Caen expansion will take your version to 1.5.0 and change your game copy-protection/licensing to Battlefront's eLicense.

I'm not sure when we'll have an answer to this problem, but we'll try to notify affected users as soon as possible.

Can you select the Kursk installation folder manually when installer fails to do so automatically?

Yeah that's what I do and it still says it can't see anything in there.

Perhaps there should be something on the website saying it will not work with version 1.3.2 either as I have just wasted £15 here...

It appears that we have a "fix" for this problem.

If the Caen expansion installer is telling you that you do NOT have Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943 installed and you do, then do this.

Open up a text editor. For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users you may need to right-click and select "Run as administrator" in order for the text editor to actually save the file if your game is installed in the '\Program Files' or '\Program Files (x86)' directory. Open the "ww.ini" file located at the root of the game's installation directory. This will often (but possibly not always) be something like this (for 32-bit versions of Windows):

'\Program Files\{your distributor's name}\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943\ww.ini'

Go to the bottom of this file and hit return/enter (to make sure it is on its own line) and add the following text:

[Version]

VersionPostfix = "BattleFront"

Save the file. Now attempt to run the Caen expansion installer and make sure to point it at the correct installation directory for your game and hopefully it should work.