Help!! Quick Battle question.

I am having a issue with the Quick Battle feature in Combat Mission 2. For example, for a Force Size of 600, I go to the purchase forces screen and I stay within the allowed limits for unit types and I don’t exceed the Total as well but when game goes to map to set up forces starting placement I don’t have all purchased units. What am I doing wrong here?

There is an optional feature that lets you set a loss percentage for the forces on both sides. These losses are measured in point value terms and allocated randomly. Basically, some unit or other will be drop from the order of battle or start below full manpower strength - and this will continue until at least the selected percentage of points have been deducted. It can be more.

If you don't want these random "haircuts", then you just need to specify in the quick battle settings that forces are at 100% strength.

I hope this helps.

Incidentally Ithink casualties on is a good thing!. Random is best but many players baulk at going past 10%.

Casualties on:

1. Adds Fog of War as an infantry squad could be full or half strength but the enemy cannot be sure

2. Stops players cherry-picking. Well at least reduces the chance someone will just buy single units for specific roles as there is a chance they will not appear.

3. If you consider the purchase screen - where 50% casualties gives you double the points to spend - it also would increas the amount you could spend in each section. This again increses FoW and gives the player more flexibility with spending decisions.

There is a report from Italy that discusses troops in the field which says [i have forgotten the name of] essentially only so many actually fight and the rest are sheep or skirters. The skirters are not wanted as they are dangerous to the platoon so will be sent to do something else.

But apart from that battalions were never at full strength so the idea that a full battalion ever fought at full strength is quite unlikely.