Spotting in NATO

tyrspawn

Doesn't it seem like the ability of blufor troops to spot in NATO is greatly reduced? I don't think I have EVER spotted an ATGM before it has fired upon me, even though when I know the approximate location of it and set up a fire arc to cover that location. And that's also after spending 10 minutes with vehicles and FOs in overwatch.

Units also seem much less likely to spot incoming fire and the source of fire than in pre-NATO. It's quite annoying losing Leopards when you follow the textbook principles of maneuver. Also AGS are the most dangerous weapon in NATO due to their extreme range and the impossibility of spotting where the grenades are coming from.

Hell, just turn on the FLIR boys.

Wait, didn't we already have a "FLIR ≠ 'I see you'" thread recently? :P

Regarding grenade launchers being seemingly impossible to spot: I imagine that would be so, because unlike a DShK/M2HB, a grenade launcher doesn't have a muzzle flash (at least not a huge one) or an eardrum-shattering report.