Changing PBEM filenames...

Sivodsi

... no longer seems to be an option, which is frustrating. I think this is a change brought in a while back, but I've only really found it a disadvantage now.

It seems that the file sets the PBEM filename, and will reset it back to the default, even if you change it. I haven't really noticed this before, but I don't like this 'feature'. Some of the file names are too long to fit in the 'saved games' dialogue, so that you cannot read the number, and what happens if you are playing double blind?

Has anybody else noticed this/been annoyed by it?

Start a scenario as PBEM: "NATO H2H German vs Syrian Mech"

Save game and it suggests "NATO H2H German vs Syrian Mech 001"

I shorten it to "NATOGvsSyrianMech001" and send.

My opponent gets it and it comes back as ""NATO H2H German vs Syrian Mech 002"

It seems the file itself stores its own name. This happened with a previous game in a previous version, but I just assumed that my opponent changed it and thought nothing of it.

Start a scenario as PBEM: "NATO H2H German vs Syrian Mech"

Save game and it suggests "NATO H2H German vs Syrian Mech 001"

I shorten it to "NATOGvsSyrianMech001" and send.

My opponent gets it and it comes back as ""NATO H2H German vs Syrian Mech 002"

I don't get this behaviour. I can enter whatever name for the file I want, and it 'remains' that way, ie. the default name for the next turn is the new name, not the original.

The only exception would be if I renamed the file in Windows, not when saving the file in the game. But as long as I change the name within the game, it remembers the correct name.