useless soviet artillery

fabiovir

Hello everyone i m more or less new in this forum but play cm from the star CMBO, now waiting for cm normandy i m joking with CMA, but all my tactics are useless and im a little dispointed about the scanty power of soviet weapons, infact during the scenario "combing the green line" after discovered a Mujaedeen strong point hide in the middle of the green sourrounded by small wall i peppered all the area with heavy artillery barragewith 2 artillery battery at my disposition, after the artillery fire ceased i stormed the position with two infantry platoon but the muj were still there with crappy machinegun wiped out Hq section and mauled the rest of the platoon.

What is this? a gamey or a simulation, i hope to find the blue force a little stunned or depressed if not destroyed but they still fought to the death....

What do you think

(SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)

I don't know it sounds pretty authentic to me. If the moojies are dug in and in sangars (behind rocks) you need direct hits to kill them. And how long after the shells stopped dropping did your boys go in? You really don't get very long before suppressed troops rally, in CM or RL.

All those WWII legends about massed Katyushas annihilating German defenses and creating an infantry walkover were somewhat exaggerated, to say the least. Not that it wasn't awful to be on the receiving end.

I don't know it sounds pretty authentic to me. If the moojies are dug in and in sangars (behind rocks) you need direct hits to kill them. And how long after the shells stopped dropping did your boys go in? You really don't get very long before suppressed troops rally, in CM or RL.

All those WWII legends about massed Katyushas annihilating German defenses and creating an infantry walkover were somewhat exaggerated, to say the least. Not that it wasn't awful to be on the receiving end.

Hello, yes you are right i dont sound authentic to you and for me, but they are lying on the ground no dugin no rocks around.....only a very beutiful green..(good for soccer or tennis)..

i shelled them a long time and when the last round hit the heart the guys immediatily went in....the rest is history....

Best Regards.

My understanding is artillery's been intentionally dialled back slightly to compensate for units being stuck on single 'action spots'. The game engine can't disperse troops over a broad area. That makes full-strength artillery too likely to kill everyone with one burst. To counterbalance they reduced artillery's liklihood to kill everyone as though the squad had been dispersed over a wider area.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. And there's also the idea that abstracted cover is available to infantry pretty much everywhere, even in terrain that "looks" wide open and pooltable flat. Modeling every last boulder or tiny undulation would make the game unrunnable on most PCs. So WYSINWYG sometimes... Charles does the best he can.