Negative MMPs?

Is there any logical explanation for ending up with a negative MMP wallet?

The reason I ask, is that while playing the 1939 campaign with a friend, I was reinforcing an Allied HQ unit in the Philippines. I was not sure on how much to spend, so I toggled between adding 1-3 to the unit and finally ended up by giving it full reinforcement and ended up in negative MMPs by 120 something for USA as a result. It seems that besides from allowing me to spend more than I had, I was also overcharged by 300+ MMPs for the 3 points added to the unit. Anyone have any ideas why this happens ?

While I have never seen negative totals I have seen negative amounts charged for reinforcing or transporting certain units. This usually seems to happen with HQ's and certain customized units. This results in the MMP total going up rather than down after an expenditure. This is also not consistent across all units of a certain type. Some HQs never go negative while others seem to increase in negative amounts the more they are involved in combat. Perhaps this is linked to some calculation using experience.:confused: