NATO Canadian campaign

Just finished the Blue campaign playing Elite Real Time ,with Total Defeat. I liked the maps and the urban environment. The battles were mostly difficult. The one I liked the most was Faith and the worst one considering casualties was Blood on the rooftops. That name was well chosen !.

Considering that there were no Tanks and IFV on the Red side, my 22 LAV's losses were very high.

The LAV does not seem well suited for the urban fight we have to go through for most of the battles.

The CORE UNIT makes things difficult from one battle to the next due to the casualty increasing rate. Maybe some new units should have been provided after the 3rd battle ?

The good thing is that despites the battle ending, you can go to the next one, even without your pants on, just for the pleasure to end the next one, in the worst way you could think of.

If you don't win that is your fault and not the designer one.

Just a small bug,if that is one ? In HOPE V2 you are occupying at the end, the 3 objectives and only One is taken in account. Grizzly had 9 guys on the side of the green zone ( 3 at the margin and 6 outside) and Black only one soldier with an empty ATGM left. That might explain why ? You get a minor defeat for that battle.

Anyway that is an interesting campaign and the tactic with the LAV in MOUT has to be revised on my part.

How have you done it ?

Cheers

Thanks AKD,

Went through the well detailed reading. From my point of view, the Coyotte fares better on Recon, due to its speed. It lacks armor capacities against ATGM and RPG (at close range), like the LAV III. In an Urban environment both of them are gone for a turkey shot out.

Without any infantry loaded the Coyotte, seems better suited to the "Coyotte" cartoon fame. Every time something is thrown, it surely gets it

Cheers

I have also noticed a few problems with the Canadian forces, but none which haven't been previously mentioned. I'm on the 4th mission playing WeGo on Iron difficulty and it is probably my favorite campaign in the module. I didn't think I'd be playing much with the Canadians, but they are a refreshing change of pace. The first mission seemed almost like a CMx1 flashback with modern weapons. I love good infantry battles, and this is one that I could replay over and over again. I only wish the engineers had demo charges, it'd make the second mission much easier.