CV9035 armour

According to the ingame unit description the German Marder is better armoured than the CV9035. In fact, the CV9035 seems to have similar protection as an AAV.

I believe the CV90 is very well armoured (up until 30mm APFSDS) from the front but less from the sides. However the 9035 version NL has adopted has several added armour modules / upgrades.

So, could someone clarify the amount of protection for the CV9035 ingame and the way it is displayed in the unit description?

Well as I posted in another thread recently.

Well I have no idea what IRL stats the Dutch ordered 9035 have. But the CV9040C is a very tough nut to crack. Troops in the "ballpool" have less protection than the crew and vital components. But at least there are several recent (2009-2010) cases where they've been hit in the sides by RPG-7s and shrugged it off (except for one case which injured a mounted trooper).

I'm far from an expert, but if the Dutch 9035 is similar to the 9040C variants then I'd wager to say it's a bit underprotected in the game.

Again. I've nothing to back this up, besides the firefights that some 9040s been involved in (and hits taken).

What RPG-7 rounds hit these vehicle? OG-7? PG-7M? PG-7L? PG-7VL? This is very important.

Wish I knew. I only saw pictures from the aftermath(s). And dead hostiles weren't carrying any rounds afaik. A wild guess would be PG-V or M, maybe VN?

Maybe it's in the wikileaks documents (though I'm far to lazy to browse through all that).

Edit: And the vehicles attacked were CV9040C which are probably quite different from the Dutch 9035, though I have no further intel to reveal regarding that.

Well, side hull protection of CV90 series against rather old, simple HEAT warheads can be rather good due to side hull sponsons design, in these sponsons are storage for equipment so it is good stand off protection against i.e. PG-7M.

CV9040C have very good protection of turret though.

According to a rather detailed description on the Dutch wikipedia the CV9035 has:

- 'added armour modules' applied to the sides and the tower, especially on the 'weaker' points (although for budgetary reasons they ordered only 100 of these).

- 'PROTEPUR-S' system from RUAG Land Systems which is supposed to protect against top attack weapon systems

- Added mines/IED protection

- (future) Option to put extra armour modules from the CV9040C version

- Option for several active defense modules ( Defensive Aids Suite & C-RAM)

- In 2006 RAFAEAL has developed an IRA module specially for the CV9035 but it doesn't inform whether it is actually used or not.

I don't know if anything of this is correct since it is from wikipedia, but it sounds pretty detailed.

My main question is whether the German Marder is better armoured than the CV9035, which the unit description indicates.

My main question is whether the German Marder is better armoured than the CV9035, which the unit description indicates.

As the Marder is an older vehicle than the CV90 I'd spontaneously say that it should have less protection. But there's bound to be someone with insight in the Marders protection here.