Nyala

Mord

Just got the Module today and was messing around in the editor when I noticed that both the Nyala and Nyala RWS list smoke launchers and 7.62 machine guns under the vehicle damage tab...but the Nyala doesn't have any smoke launchers on the vehicle. And I am no weapons expert but it's machine gun looks more like a 50 cal. It's MUCH bigger than the machine gun on the RWS. Am I missing something?

Anyway, good job BFC. I am gonna have fun exploring all the new vehicles and tactics that these new forces offer.

Mord.

Mentioned this in the bugs thread, but it seems that the Nyala with the .50 cal manned turret is using the properties of the Nyala (RWS). The RWS has 7.62 MG and smoke launchers. Also noted another bug in that neither Nyala turret responds to cover arc commands.

The RWS is made by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace, the largest Norwegian defence and space manufacturer, and is aptly named the Protector M151. The primary weapons are the C6 or .50-calibre machine-gun. In addition, the platform has night vision capability with daytime zoom camera and a laser range-finder and eight smoke dischargers. A stabilizer system designed to keep the gun on target while moving, using gyros and new software, should be delivered sometime this fall. In order not to leave passengers out of the battle, the APV also comes with gun ports in its armour glass.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/news-nouvelles/story-reportage-eng.asp?id=2159

Can't find many pictures of Canadian Nyala's with .50s.

• 2 months later...