Nupremal Mod Burma Road and Lend Lease

Don forwarded this. You do get the MPPs, what happens is you have the value of the new allies for China. Indochina is worth:

10 MPPs for the Saigon

5 to 10 MPPs for Hanoi - the rail connection increases it from 5 to 10 at 1/turn

If you own Nanning that also increases 1/turn because of rail connection

Burma is 10-20 for capital (again from rail) and 15-30 for the oil

Hey Nup, wanted you to know that the "Barbarossa" decision event still fires with the early invasion. Also the winter script for Axis force decimation also is implimented.

Feeling is they're both unnecessary on an early invasion of USSR.

why shouldnt it fire with early invasion? But the date when it fires should be that of the invasion and not always 20. june.

The winter script should be there regardless of an early invasion. The advantage about an early invasion is that you have a few more turns to conquer before the winter arrives, but it will still arrive.

First of all, the Germans get 400 MPPs, 100 for 4 turns, absolutely unnecessary as I'm almost to Leningrad, Moscow, and Rostov when the thing fires. The early invasion is enough of an advantage, almost unstoppable if started by Sept. 1940.

Now that the Germans have been through the first winter(40-41) deep into USSR, don't you think that having the severe winter hit in 41-42 doesn't give them credit for being a little more prepared. Besides if I'm invading in the Autumn, planning would dictate I would issue the proper equipment for a Winter campaign.

I think that in the event of an early Barbarossa these two events would offset, Germans get 400 MPPs and they reinforce their units losses for severe Winter. Not really an issue as its kind of a wash, just seems a bit unrealistic.

First of all, the Germans get 400 MPPs, 100 for 4 turns, absolutely unnecessary as I'm almost to Leningrad, Moscow, and Rostov when the thing fires. The early invasion is enough of an advantage, almost unstoppable if started by Sept. 1940.

There are other risks connected to an early barbarossa. I think this event should fire for an invasion in 1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943 - in whatever year the invasion takes place.

Now that the Germans have been through the first winter(40-41) deep into USSR, don't you think that having the severe winter hit in 41-42 doesn't give them credit for being a little more prepared. Besides if I'm invading in the Autumn, planning would dictate I would issue the proper equipment for a Winter campaign.

I agree that the hard Winter should hit the first winter after invasion. If thats 1940, thats 1940 (which would make a barbarossa in sep40 less of an option I guess), if its 1941 or 42 its then. This is simulating the lack of experience with winter warfare, not the temperatures of that peculiar winter.

OK kalkwerk, I agree, since the event is for a surprise attack then it should fire the turn that Germany DoWs the Soviets and not be limited to the June 22, 1941 actual invasion date.

Now for the second part, I can see your point, but as the Germans knew of the cold winters in the USSR and the original planning was that the campaign would be essentially over by winter, I'm still sitting on the fence.

Actually the cold weather gear was ready to be shipped to the eastern Wehrmacht deployments but were pre-empted for the combat supplies of Operation Typhoon. Now in an early Autumn Barbarossa surely the OKH would have had enough foresight to know they would be fighting in Winter conditions, and besides, I'm running this show, not the High Command and I'm winterizing my armies.:D

Actually it was Hitler that wanted to go in the Autumn of 40, what with the early culmination of the French campaign. Had he insisted there would probably have been a mass mutiny of the OKH resulting in his disposition, most likely by assassination.

Still, with the proper planning and diplomacy, I'm of the opinion at this point, the Reds will be more than hard pressed, expotentially more than the Summer kickoff, to stop the Germans.

That is why I have shared the strategy with the rest of the forum so that we hopefully can test this as perhaps a "game breaker".

@seamonkey, i dont see how less preparation means better equipment (this is not just about bringing a coat and a cap, but about equipment collapsing due to the low temperature)

if you wants to avoid winter casualties, thats gonna cost you. perhaps a decision event at some point? wanna prepare your armies for winter war? ok, thats gonna cost ... MPP.

better be expensive, otherwise its a no brainer