Organisation of the French ground army

- HQG: Have the ability to command at the division level, the Army has created 3 HQG (EMF) in 1999 (EMF1 Besançon, Nantes, and 2 to 3 to Marseille) and 2000 (4 EMF in Limoges).

- Armoured Cavalry: the armored cavalry is the weapon of motorized and armored troops of the Army.

- Artillery: The artillery coordinates, delivers and implements fire means always at the forefront of progress in favor of a general action.

- ALAT: Weapon early age since founded in 1954, allows the aerian mobility for the ground army.

- Engineering: A major player in the Army and Civil Defense, weapon engineering is distinguished by its three complementary components: battle (mine, crossing, interventions underwater, mobility ...), the infrastructure (military engineering, construction, networks ...) and safety (earthquakes, fires ...).

- Infantry: The infantry in the heart of the action, dismounted in direct contact with the opponent with specific troops : paratroopers, alpine and mechanized, marines and foreign legion ...

- Foreign Legion: these troops are fighting flanked by French officers.

- Material: The Material is doing thel maintenance of the Army equipment . Its units supply, repair and operate equipment and ammunition for the benefit of the entire Army.

- Train: For 200 years the weapon of the train allows the Army to project themselves in theaters of operation. Organizing and coordinating all movements and supplies, it is a logistics player must guarantee the autonomy of the Army.

- Communications: "The weapon that unites the weapons" : To control information is now essential in crisis management, the conduct of operations or simply the daily operation of our Army.

- The Marines: The Marine troops were formed to be engaged overseas and in other countries.

- Health: The health service of the Army's mission is to ensure the preparation and support of forces in all places and under all circumstances, in peacetime and during operations. His two regiments based on their presence in immediate contact with troops to provide them the fastest and best medical care as possible.

- Support: 2 groups ofot the ground army logistic (GLCAT) perpetuate the tradition of supporting the troops.

viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.defense.gouv.fr%2Fcontent%2Fdownload%2F12217%2F114613%2Ffile%2Forganisation_de_l_adt_2009.pdf&docid=580917634ed1436aaf7b8710f7e103ad&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=800

héhéhé, it is perhaps right :lol:

The french army is a very small one compared with the USA. But we try to have a good equipment, and as France is a weapon manufacturer, we have a lot of french equipment of course (Famas, Leclerc, Rafale).

So what we can say is that the french army hasn't won a war since a long time . As the US army in fact :) .

I can't talk about the Canada, which is the 51st state of the USA ;)

I am sorry,just a small joke us ex U.S. Army guys love to throw at our fine French friends.I myself was the brunt of many a French joke when I was in the U.S. Army back in the 90's due to my very French last name,and the fact that I have traced my ancestry to the French crown.

My full name is Charles Pierre St.Arnauld and my family originated in the toulouse region of France,heck,we even had a Castle there before all those damn peasants revolted and thru us out of the country.So,here we sit as American citizens for the past 200 years with no money and no lands and no respect.I say,let them eat cake.:D