CMSF unfinished?

Joshua

If I may ask, is it 100% definite that no more patches/modules will be applied to CMSF after NATO?

Some years ago there were ideas about modules backporting new functionality but IIRC those ideas have ceased to exist.

I would surely be interested but I understand that only that won't make it happen :(

;)

Blasphemy! I was sold CMSF with the promise of back port.

Seriously, I recall Steve saying that they would try to do what they can; but many major changes will have a cost involved in backporting so would only be viable by a module.

My guess would be that they initially expected Normandy to be sooner and running along side Nato release.

Am I the only person who thinks the article referenced reeks of inference and bias? Casualty rates based on Hezbollah public funerals, Lebanese comments about "shooting rubber bullets at women and children and the resurrection of the AT-3 as a wonder weapon destroying MBT's. All of the above may be correct but where is the evidence for such claims, I was looking forward to an analytical piece, given the posts content, not inferred arguments, based on quotes gathered from secondary and much used quotes and 'sources'.

I do not intend to start an interminable IDF evil/IDF good 'debate' but the piece failed to address the real issues that caused the IDF's poor performance in 2006, factors that I doubt would be replicated by a US attacker (poor logistics, poor Opsec and the use of reserve troops etc). Perhaps if the CMSF scenarios featured thirsty and hungry National Guard soldiers with little or no FIBU training; walking into village ambushes, where their ROE precludes being able to flatten dug in forces then yes the results might be similar to SF's invasion scenario.

The summary of the Winograd report can be found here in this NYT report showing the systemic failings of the IDF.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/30/world/middleeast/31winograd-web.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

+1.........