Bug: USSR enters war but can't attack

Hi,

I'm playing as the allies against the axis AI at default difficulty. I've managed to prevent Paris being taken as of August 1941.

Two turns ago, the USSR joined the Allies. However, I'm unable to attack Germany with soviet units; nor can I enter Poland. The balkans are still neutral.

I have a copy of the save game if you'd like me to send it somewhere. Also, I should note that I'm up to date with the most recent patch.

I've seen this happen with some mods where a country declares war on the Axis via the AI but cannot attack their units nor enter their territory. However, if the Axis declares war on them, everything is normal. This happened mostly with the US and some minors but everything was normal with the USSR. I would think it was a scripting problem rather than something in the game engine.

If you are playing as the Allies then this is not a bug as the game is designed, in this instance, to give you complete control over who you declare war upon once you join the Allies. For example as the USSR, you can declare war on Japan or Germany or both.

To enter Poland, you would need to be at war with a country that is also at war with Poland, so in this case you would need to declare war against Germany.

To declare war, navigate to the War Map, click on the USSR flag at the lower left corner and then pick the German flag on the War Map and select 'Declare War'.

After that you should be able to proceed as expected.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I like the new way, forces you to push the button for action independent of percentaage. It gets tricky when your "team" doesn't have acommon enemy. Example: when a minor is diplo'ed ye not in the action. Or your buddy takes over new minor and you can't enter the port/territory.

-The Living Legend