eLicense Control Problem

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem where after installing SC WW2 GC, if you go into the control panel and run eLicense Control, it just pops up a message giving a strange message. In this case, something about a file not being associated with a program.

I've sent a message to Battlefront, they simply replied it doesn't work on all systems, which comes across as a bit of a weak answer. Why bother installing a program into Control Panel if its not likely to work? Hardly a confidence winner.

I'd be interested in what people out there know?

I have never gotten the License Control control panel to work on any system that has had an eLicense game installed on it. The file, '\Windows\lcmmfu.cpl', is installed with the eLicense software at the time of licensing, but it may not appear in the Control Panel for a lot of systems. On those systems where the control panel actually appears, it gives the same error that you're seeing.

I don't expect it to work with Windows Vista and Windows 7. If you want to experiment, you can copy (I don't suggest move) the 'lcmmfu.cpl' and possibly the 'mmfs.dll' files to the '\Windows\System32' directory where other CPL files are at.

csbowes, somewhat of a clarification: the eLicense Control works. If it wasn't, then your eLicense games wouldn't work. What doesn't work on all systems is the user interface. This is no big deal since the user interface does not provide any features that aren't available elsewhere (such as unlicensing).

As far as I understand from the eLicense tech people, some Windows system block the execution of the interface. I don't know the reason. It does work on some systems (it works on my laptop but not on my desktop for example).

If you would like to find out more, I would suggest to contact eLicense, since they provide the technology.