Mouse zoom in and out problems

Mastiff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

everytime I start the game I have to go into camera settings and reapply the zoom control.

other wise if I dont the camera will not zoom in or out.

SGC2000/i7920/ASUSP6T/GTX285/6GRam/WIN7-64/TrackIR4Pro/X-52Pro/SBExtr7.1/PSUslvrstoneDA1000|| TrackIr4Pro/clip ||

JoystickSaitekst290pro || SaitekRudderpedalsPro || X52ThrottleControler || G15Keyboard/RazerDiamondBackMouse || 28"Lcd HDMI iF281D I-INC

GF_Mastiff

View Public Profile

Send a private message to GF_Mastiff

Find all posts by GF_Mastiff

Add GF_Mastiff to Your Contacts

#2 07-15-2010, 01:59 AM

Nokturnal

Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could be caused by the game not being run in Admin mode. Generally if you're not running a game as the Admin settings won't be saved when you restart the game.

Right-click the shortcut and either select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu or go to the properties and under the Compatability tab tick the "Run as an administrator" box.

If that doesn't work i would suggest going over to the battlefront forums, ToW is quite dead here so a resposne might take a while, and they also have tech support people to assist you at BF.

Nokturnal

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Nokturnal

Find all posts by Nokturnal

Add Nokturnal to Your Contacts

#3 07-15-2010, 01:49 PM

GF_Mastiff

Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2007

I'm well versed in the Vista Win7x64 bit security controls and no that didnt work..

I think it might have something to do with the new R.A.T. 7 mouse I just installed.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15567

I'm not sure why a mouse driver would affect this setting. If the setting is not being saved (changing back to some sort of default), then it would sound like some sort of file security issue where the appropriate file is not being updated.

For TOW 2, the file in question is usually located at:

'\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Theatre of War 2\users\player 1\camera.properties

Opening this up with Notepad or some other plain text editor will give you something like this:

[camera]

keybLinearMove 100.0

keybRotateYaw 600.0

keybRotatePitch 400.0

scrollLinearMove 100.0

mouseTurnYaw 0.20000000298023224

mouseTurnPitch 0.1

mouseWheel 38.606136322021484

hMIN 2.0

hMAX 60.0

freeLookMode 1

The 'Zoom Speed' is the 'mouseWheel' setting. I'm not sure what the value range is, but it might be between 2 and 40 (slow, fast).

I would guess that if this value doesn't change each time you change it in the game, then the game most likely does not have the appropriate permissions to modify the file. I don't know how the 'R.A.T 7' driver might affect this. It should NOT affect the value recorded in this file however.

this is what it's showing

in there

Now when

I first start a mission and try to scroll the middel mouse button to zom the min and max hieght it will not work nor will the settings for W,A,S,D,

But when I go in to the settings and jsut click on the min and max hieghts and save. it works but I have to do this every-time I start the game.

TOW3 im not having this issue.

[camera]

keybLinearMove 100.0

keybRotateYaw 600.0

keybRotatePitch 400.0

scrollLinearMove 100.0

mouseTurnYaw 0.20000000298023224

mouseTurnPitch 0.1

mouseWheel 13.344085693359375

hMIN 1.0

hMAX 239.24732971191406

freeLookMode 0