Syrian Forces OOB

Does somebody knows (internet) resources for the Syrian forces OOB? I do not mean the raw informations as shown in Wikipedia and other popular Google search results, I'm looking for more detailed infos and unit designations down to battalion level.

For some reason Syria is appears to not be the most forthcoming nation out there when it comes to their military. I doubt it has anything to do with being at odds with Israel ;)

BTW, getting detailed TO&E for the Bundeswehr was not easy either. Not easy at all. Unlike the US military, which publishes its full TO&E and operating procedures on the Web, the BW considers it's TO&E a state secret. So you have the gall to come here and ask about Syria's TO&E when you can't even give us your own country's?!? 30 lashes with long cut Sauerkraut for you! And if you cry (for example, the vinegar flies into your eyes), I'll send you to bed without your nighttime beer :D

Steve

For some reason Syria is appears to not be the most forthcoming nation out there when it comes to their military. I doubt it has anything to do with being at odds with Israel ;)

BTW, getting detailed TO&E for the Bundeswehr was not easy either. Not easy at all. Unlike the US military, which publishes its full TO&E and operating procedures on the Web, the BW considers it's TO&E a state secret. So you have the gall to come here and ask about Syria's TO&E when you can't even give us your own country's?!? 30 lashes with long cut Sauerkraut for you! And if you cry (for example, the vinegar flies into your eyes), I'll send you to bed without your nighttime beer :D

Steve

Ah, yes, yes! Now force me to drink Liebfraumilch to my Eisbein... ;)

Regarding Bundeswehr, I found this extremly secret documents: http://www.deutschesheer.de/portal/a/heer/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLNzSLtzAIA8lB2c76kXDRoJRUfV-P_NxUfW_9AP2C3IhyR0dFRQAWk7fz/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvd0ZNQUFzQUMvNElVRS82XzE2XzhCRg!! and as overview http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/6/63/Germany_Heer.png

Sufficiend for me, since I'm looking primary for battalion structur. Doesn't helps of course if you want to go below company structur.

BFC,

Anyone there try pinging, say, the Israeli Defense Attache in Washington, Zahal's HQ, what used to be the U.S. Army's Threat Center, DIA, etc.? Regarding the last, back in 1989 the DIA had, for example, an Unclassified/FOUO? pub on the Soviet airborne division which was first rate and very detailed. Even had Grad-V pics! Would imagine similar stuff exists for Syria, and the low level stuff shouldn't be a big deal. Lebanese intel should be able to provide chapter and verse on battalion and down--seeing as how Syria occupied Lebanon for quite some time.

Regards,

John Kettler