Corrupt file on Install

Ok I have built a new PC with an i5 and win7 64bit OS, on my old pc CMSF ran fine no issues what so ever, but when i transferd the install file over and tried to install all of the game and modules I keep getting corrupt files, I am even getting this when i try and instal the brit module from the CD.

I have have now re downloaded all the file's again from battlefront but when I try to install I am again getting the following message "install stopped due to corrupt file, CMSF/DATA/Version100.brz no matter how many times I try it still refuses to install I have even tried downloading again and still no joy.

If I press ignore message game installs but each module comes up with a similar message with the brit module it says the 120.brz file is corrupt and this is being loaded from original CD which is only 6 months old and was fine on old PC.

Anyone any ideas what is causing this issue ??????

Do you have any anti-virus/security software running while you are copying and/or installing ? You may want to temporarily disable such utilities since it is possible that their 'active file protection' may be interfering in some manner.

What installer files do you have (file names) ? These are the MD5 Hexadecimal hashes I come up with using Accuhash 2.0.18 for the downloaded installers that should currently be available (size is NOT 'size on disk'):

CMSF_Setup.exe 658,316,814 bytes

674913BADA49DD823CB2EE0E05134514

CMSF_Marines_Setup.exe 406,698,693 bytes

D0E81599224243CBDD0934A07BD6DEF0

CMSF_British_Setup.exe 297,382,613 bytes

0B053564E1AA8216837E9717AC4B027E

If you get different values than these (and you're using the latest downloads), then I would guess that somehow your files are corrupted.

Thank you for your help problem solved, turned off microsoft secuirty essentials and lo and behold the game and its modules installed perfectly, one to remember for the future, funny how it's only effected your games and noone elses, but that could be to do with everything else I have comes via valves Steam.

Anyway someone at BF.C will have a few extra beers on me now as before I posted here I repurchased the CMSF and marines bundle thinking when my PC broke I corrupted the files, So enjoy as this is one company I would never begrudge giving to much money too.

born2lose, Steam is big enough to make sure that Microsoft doesn't screw around with their hidden protection schemes, while we are small and MS doesn't even know we exist. :)

You shouldn't have to pay twice for a game you have, certainly not due to DRMs. Submit a ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and link to this thread. We'll send you an in-store coupon for a future purchase. Don't forget to include the order number(s).