Can log in to forum, but not repository . . .

Hello,

After the infamous "hack," I've re-registered and gotten a new password etc.. With this, I can log in to the forum, but for some reason my Login and password are rejected at the Repository.

Does the repository require a separate login and password?

Cheers,

Gpig

I'm experiencing serious weirdness with my "log-in" status. I can log in to the forum, but when I get to this page (and this thread), and hit "New Reply" to respond to Elmar's helpful message, the error page comes up telling me I'm NOT logged in. Odd.

When I try to register a new Log in name and password at the Repository page, it tells me login name and password already in use. Yeah, no kidding. By ME! :)

Then I try to log in a NEW password and get this error message:

"Login has been refused by anti spamming system (securityimages)"

Whatever that means.

A little strange. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Gpig

Gpig, the forum and the main site (store and repository etc.) do not share accounts. To retrieve your login for the forum, see here: www.battlefront.com/community/faq.php

The login status for the forum is stored in a co-called cookie. If your server is not set up to accept cookies, you may see weirdness similar to what you describe.

You can only have one main site account per email. Hence the message you see when trying to register a new account (although I am not sure why you're trying that anyway?)

securityimages is the CAPTCHA computer generated image that you need to enter when you attempt to manually register an account for the main site (which, btw, isn't necessary; you only need this if you didn't buy anything from us. If you make a purchase, an account is created for you automatically, there is no need to register manually). If the text you type in doesn't match what is shown, then you'll get this error.

Not sure which browser you are using, but our site is tested with IE8, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Netscape and a couple of others I forget. Chrome is NOT tested (it's a beta product), and neither is IE 6. With IE8, make sure you're using it on a Vista or Windows7 machine, because IE8 and Windows XP have countless known bugs and errors.

I'm having very frequent problems with logging in successfully and then ending back up in the forum logged out, or with logging in on one forum page, then finding myself logged out when I go to a sub-forum or back to the main. Cookies are set to accepted.

akd. you and me both.

I never used to have an issue with passwords til the hack. I could log in and download stuff from the repository using the same login and password as I had with the Forum.

I'm on Firefox and always have been. Cookies have always been set to accept. I've never had a problem getting on the forum. It's just logging into the repository now, for some reason I can't figure out.

Do I need to create a new account to get into the repository? I have bought CMSF and Marines off you fella's, so there should be an account for me still . . . somewhere, something got futzed up. :)

Gpig

Gpig,

the forum and main site accounts have never been synchronized. I doubt that you had the same login for both, but of course it's possible if you manually register and use the same credentials. However, we have forced password changes for all users for both forum and main site as a security precaution after the hacker attack, so either way, it's changed.

You can retrieve your main site login at www.battlefront.com/lostpw. You'll get a new password and your username via email.

Instructions for resetting your forum account can be found under www.battlefront.com/community/faq.php

Due to the forced password change, your stored passwords may be incorrect. Perhaps you should clear your browser/cookie cache, log in with the correct passwords, and make sure those are saved.

Martin

No matter what I try, I can't log on to the main site with my old account. I registered a new account, but no dice. It always alerts me that I've supplied an invalid compination of username/password. So I can't get any files off of the repo. :(