2fer: small bug and observations on the British fire support section.

First we have the British light infantry battalion company fire support section equipped with WMIKs. I have dismounted the GMG vehicle crew and mounted one of the HMG vehicle crews in the GMG WMIK. Notice that the dismounted crew has taken the GMG out of the vehicle with them and the turret ring is now empty.

28wh1kz.jpg

Now we have the same unit equipped with MWMIKs. I have dismounted the three GMG vehicle crews and set them up with their GMGs in front of their vehicles. However, there are still GMGs on the turret rings, so I have also dismounted the three HMG vehicle crews and remounted them in the unoccupied GMG vehicles. I now have six GMGs firing where before I only had three. 2-for-1 special!

20ka92g.jpg

This would appear to be a bug. Now some observations and tips:

1. HMG WMIK/MWMIK crews dismount with a GPMG (tucked in the back?) rather than their M2HB. This caught me off guard. While I'm sure this is based on real world practice, it would be nice to have a way to equip British forces with a dismounted M2HB for certain scenarios.

2. Before a mission begins (or during if you are inclined to micro-manage), you can temporarily cross mount your WMIK/MWMIK crews with the other vehicles in their section. They can't drive them, but they can man the weapons (including ones that shouldn't be there as noted above), and more importantly, they can acquire ammunition that they can't take from their own vehicle (5.56mm, 7.62mm, and AT rockets), which improves their rather meager loadouts.

3. Likewise, you can send your dismounted GMG or GPMG crews to the HQ Snatch for large amounts of additional 40mm/7.62mm ammo (but only for their dismounted weapons, not their vehicles).

Good catch.

Point 1 was a design decision. One of the heavy weapons had to be left out for the dismounted teams.

On point 3, Mr. flamingpicky would point out that there are no Snatch landrovers in CM:SF. The HQ wagon is just an ordinary Land Rover, although it does serve as the ammo wagon for the section.