Proofread

Hi, would somebody please be so kind as to proofread this briefings for a scenario!?

Expect well trained and equipted British infantry.

^

You have a group of well trained rebels, but no heavy weapons, just some RPGs and medium MGs. Oh, and a couple of IEDs and mines. Use them wisely!

^

A small village with very few 3 story buildings. However, there is plenty of cover for further ambushes.

^

We have stopped the enemy patrol in an ambush. The invanders shall believe that only a small group of our heroic rebel forces is operating in the village that will try to evaporate as usual. They do not expect to meet a large and well trained force.

^

Ambush the British attack forces and kill as many invanders as possible!

^

Let them snap at the bait - let them choke to death on it. Allahu Akbar!

Unknown enemy strength, expect a small group of lightly armed insurgents on the run.

^

Dismounted light infantry. One module of 81mm artillery is available on short notice.

^

A small village with very few 3 story buildings. UAV flyovers discovered a trench in the northern part of the town.

^

We have lost a patrol in an ambush. The rebels will try to evaporate as usual, so it's essential to waste no time. We suspect that the attack was launched from the 3 three-story building, so concentrate your attack on them. This buildings must be taken from enemy hands.

^

This is a straight forward assault. Capture the town and eliminate all opposing forces.

^

Press the attack commander, you have less then 30 minutes to complete the task. God save the queen!

Thanks in advance!

Here's my take:

Expect well trained and equipped British infantry.

^

You have a group of dedicated rebels with limited RPGs and medium MGs, but no heavy weapons. Oh, and a couple of IEDs and mines as well. Use them wisely!

^

A small village with a few three story buildings. However, there is plenty of cover for further ambushes.

^

We have stopped the enemy patrol in an ambush. The invaders may believe that only a small group of our heroic rebel forces continue to operate in the area and will try to evaporate as usual when pressed. They do not expect to meet a large and determined force.

^

Ambush the British attack forces and kill as many invaders as possible!

^

Let them snap at the bait - let them choke to death on it. Allahu Akbar!

Unknown enemy strength, expect a small group of lightly armed insurgents on the run.

^

Dismounted light infantry. One module of 81mm artillery is available on short notice.

^

A small village with a few three story buildings. UAV flyovers have discovered a trench in the northern part of the town.

^

We have lost a patrol in an ambush. The rebels will probably evaporate as usual, so it's essential to press the attack at once. We suspect that the attack was centered around the three story buildings, so concentrate your attack there. These buildings must be taken from the enemy.

^

This is a straight forward assault. Capture the town and eliminate all opposing forces.

^

Press the attack commander, you have less then 30 minutes to complete the task. God save the queen!

- evaporate is a good word but maybe a British commander would use "disperse"?

- by artillery you mean mortars :)

- "we have taken fire from the three storey building"?

- This is a straight forward search and destroy mission, clear the town of enemy combatants

- British people don't do around shouting 'God save the Queen', we like understatement remember :) How about "Press the attack Lieutenant, you must continue your patrol within 30 minutes."

edit: flamingknives in a second before me :D

Hi Scipio,

I smell a good scenario comming our way!!! Can't wait!

Only two minor things I would change - I don't think the red forces would call themselves "rebels" - maybe "fighters" or "holy warriors" or some such. Since, from their perspective, they are not rebels.

And I think the British call thier 81mm's "sections" not modules.