Thread aimed at modder's/skinners

Hello everyone..

am just wanting to know if the skinner's/modders would respect some good feed back from their skins???

as ive realy got some favourites mainly with the shade of colour that some of you have picked are just spot on..

would you like feed back?

recomendations?

maybe vehicle selections????

im not trying to sound like im "requesting" mods, but maybe some simple revisions???....(tho i dont know how "simple" it is) --(still learning)

for example..alot of the early grey stugs are like a dark blue grey? (see MikeyD's early stug F). would be good to see some of those in a light grey schemes too..(see MikeyD's stug E)....

sorry to use you as an example mike, but i just think your panzer grey schemes are just spot on..

....:)

I believe that is not such a good idea for many reasons... all of which boil down into ultimately discouraging modders. (how many budding modder's want to run a public gauntlet or be inundated with "requests" or ways to "improve" their work?)

Unless there is a massive problem, I say just give modder's encouragement! (they're _sharing_ some really great stuff with us!)

Personally, I don't mind feedback - good, bad or indifferent.

Before you spend a lot of time on this, you should be aware of a couple of things though:-

1) most mod authors have moved on long ago, so you might end up having to do the work yourself anyway (& that's no bad thing - your interpretation is as valid as that of anyone else ...)

2) realise that vehicle colour is at best an imprecise art. To use the panzer grey colour you mention as a topic - many 1939/40 grey vehicles were almost black in colour, the grey was so dark. As the war progressed, existing vehicles lightened just due to continued UV exposure, dust & mud. So, in order to correctly capture the "feel" of the date of battle you're fighting, you might need several different mods for the same vehicle. Further to that, vehicles in the same unit may have last received a lick of paint at different times, & so everything won't necessarily have that uniform grey colour I think you'd like to see anyways - sound complicated enough yet?

If you want a complete set of vehicles with a uniform colour scheme, you should look for some of David I's CMAK/ CMBB mods. Most of the CMAK mods port over into CMBB, & David spent a lot of time creating set of vehicles with similar camo schemes. The early war vehicles are a bit harder to sort, but the were several sets out & about in the early days. I'm not sure how easy they are to come by nowadays.