Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

game won't run

Robbeau

Welcome Dunstable to the mad and bad world of CM

Is there anything in your 'Scenarios' folder to load?

.cmg /.cmh files

If not you could try reinstalling (meanwhile have a glass of sherry or two and a mince pie)

Originally posted by Robbeau:

Oops, shaoulda said, I'm running W2K

Robbeau

Does the computer lockup at this point ? Can you Alt-Tab back to the desktop ? What videocard and driver do you have installed ?

You may want to perform a CHKDSK of your hard drive to make sure that there are no file system problems. Also turn off any programs or utilities running in the background, including anti-virus utils.

Double-check the Scenarios folder as Wicky suggested. More than likely the files are there, and if they weren't CM would just show what it could read.

Regarding the videocard, the reason I mention that is because in the past I've seen some cards have problems bringing up the scenario listing screen. However these videocards would usually crash CM to the desktop and not just hang trying to display the directory.

Originally posted by Robbeau:

Have left it trying to find scenarios and am getting error: unhandled exception c0000005 at address 51028931

Robbeau

From the sticky troubleshooting guide:

Problem: When game is launched an Unhandled Exception: c0000005 at address: 0053d978 & 005419e5 (can also be some other addresses but they always start with c0000005) error occurs.

Cause/Solution: At some point a DirectX component file has become corrupted or is no longer correctly functioning. In order to resolve this issue you should re-install DirectX. Recommend the latest version, which is now DirectX 9.0a and can be obtained directly from Microsoft at the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?

FamilyId=A19BED22-0B25-4E5D-A584-6389D8A3DAD0&displaylang=en

Have upgraded video driver to a 3rd party driver, can now get scenarios but mouse movement is iffy in the selection process - I'm sure I read something about this somewhere. Thanks for all your help guys, I'll see how the game runs when all the guests leave!

Cheers

Robbeau