Ok the laws an ass but ..

Largo, Florida -- The arrest of a 73-year-old grandmother has some asking... where do you draw the line when it comes to punishing unruly teens?

Theresa Collier says she's never been in trouble her entire life, but this week, the grandmother found herself behind bars in the Pinellas County Jail after slapping her granddaughter for swearing at her.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/story.aspx?storyid=130961&provider=top

..... H ...... , what a bloody stupid situation. I quess thats going to lose her a mention in the wills.

I have a problem with the idea that teenagers are adult [other than in law]. Biologically teenagers brains are developing still. But that is irrelevant in this case.

It is obvious that I should now go and insult my aged neighbour and either they take the abuse or swing at me. Of course he could call the cops and say I am swearing at him and could they come and arrest me. I am not sure that is easy to prove - is it a mandatory arrest for neighbour abuse? !!

As it happens they arrested the right person in this incident. Anyone not smart enough to lie in this case ..... No the girl would have a record for the rest of her life. Not so bad for a 73 year old women.

Surely arresting both would have been the Solomon like judgement. Youths hitting pensioners just seems so wrong.