Saved game causing a crash

Hi,

I've been using CMSF for quite a while now and last night I was playing the second battle of the campaign "Warriors in the Sands". I saved and quit.

This morning, the game crashes everytime I click on "saved game". I can start a battle, a quick battle, a campaign or the editor, but no saved game

I'm using Win 7 + Marines and British, all patched up to v. 1.21

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the problem still occurs. If I erase my saved games files, the program doesn't crash when I click on "saved game".

Maybe one of the files causes the crash ?

Thanks for the reply.

It appears that my last save file causes the crash.

It weighs only 6,55 Mo .

Some official reaction on this bug, maybe ?

Is this a know issue with v1.21 ?

Shall I send a copy of the file for Battlefront to have a look at it ?

Life would be easier if CMSF did not crash that way, but displayed instead a message indicating that a saved game is corrupted.

I also wonder what causes the corruption of the save file. Is it possible to have CMSF check the integrity of the save file on the fly ? It's a real pain in the arse to have to restart a big campaign scenario from scratch. A real show stopper for me I'm afraid !

You can 'Submit a Ticket' at our Helpdesk and attach this game save that generates the 'out of memory' error. We'll check it and see if we can duplicate the problem and then possibly submit it to Charles. However he is VERY busy and there will be no immediate solution to this problem. If Charles can look at it in conjunction with his work on the NATO module/next CMSF patch, he may incorporate any fixes into the next patch if there is an identifiable bug.

• 3 weeks later...