Cooperation

I was about to send the BEF to France and found (this is in my mod) that the French ports are closed! In my mod, France is associated with the USA. Now the USA is not at war with Germany, but France is and so is the UK - and both are cooperative. Is this a bug? intentional? is it solved by just subbing France to UK - which I can do, but prefer not to

Off hand I don't remember the exact logic for this limitation but I seem to remember there were some issues. I think the idea here is that a minor whose parent is not at war can be at war with another opposite major but it is considered more or less a minor skirmish. For example, Germany in the PDE 1939 Storm of Steel campaign could be at war with Czechoslovakia while the UK was not yet fully mobilized and this is something we wanted to make sure could exist in GC.

It may also be an oversight but I would have to test this more thoroughly and it is a bit late for the first patch as it is pretty much wrapped up. If you send me an email reminder I can then take a look for the second patch.