Use of Rockets

To all;

Anyone playing Axis w/Rockets? How do you find them? What's your strategy when using them? I haven't tried them yet, but would be interested in hearing from the user community the good:)/bad:(/ugly:eek: about rockets...

Cheers...

Canada1

To all;

Anyone playing Axis w/Rockets? How do you find them? What's your strategy when using them? I haven't tried them yet, but would be interested in hearing from the user community the good:)/bad:(/ugly:eek: about rockets...

Cheers...

Canada1

Waste of money I have not lost one point in the 10 to 12 rocket attacks on my German forces in Russia, they are as usless as artillery was in previous games.

Bo

These are a few notes I have complied, it might be of interest….

Vergeltungswaffe, German for "vengeance weapon"

V-1, FZG. 76 (Vergeltungswaffe 1)

The Fieseler Fi 103, aka V-1; in Britain aka 'Doodlebug'.

Almost 30,000 V-1s were made, from July 1944 to January 1945, the Luftwaffe launched approximately 1,176 from modified Heinkel He 111 H-22s flying with the Luftwaffe's 3rd Bomber Wing or Kampfgeschwader 3 (III KG.53) (the so-named "Blitz Wing") flying over the North Sea.

V-1 Units:

Flakregiment 155 (W)

V-2, A-4 (Vergeltungswaffe 2)

Over 3,000 V-2s were launched.

Production:

-Up to 15 Sep 1944: 1900

-15 Sep to 29 Oct 1944: 900

-29 Oct to 24 Nov 1944: 600

-24 Nov to 15 Jan 1945: 1100

-15 Jan to 15 Feb 1945: 700

--Total: 5200

V-2 Units:

-Prior to Sep 1944:

--LXV Armee Korps

---HARKO 191 (Hohere-Artillerie Kommanduer (Mot) 191; English: Superior Artillery Commander, motorized, 191)

----Artillerie Abteilung (Mot) 962 (English: 962nd Motorized Artillery Regiment)

----ArtAbt (Mot) 495

----ArtAbt (Mot) 836

-After Sep 1944, Deputy Special Commissioner for A-4 Matters (under SS control)

--Gruppe Nord:

---Art.Abt. (mot) 495

----1/ 495 Batterie

----2/ 495 Batterie

---SS-Werfer Batterie 500

--Gruppe Süd:

---Art.Abt. (mot) 836

----2/ 836 Batterie

----3/ 836 Batterie

--Lehr und Versuchs Batterie 444 (testing battery by Sep 44)

--Training Unit:

---ArtAbt (Mot) 271

---Batterie Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung (teilmotorisiert) 271 - a training unit for the V2 rocket program.

German Cross in Silver Winner

Hartmann, Heinz, 18.04.1945, Oberleutnant, Nachr.Abt. 1191 / OKW [HeTr for / Harko 191, V-Waffen]

Rockets are like artillery, they have to be cultivated. It takes time and attentiveness to get them into a format that they are useful, but when you get them there they can be devastating.

Here's how that happens, obviously you have to make the purchase and invest into research. Once built a deployment of opportunity is a must, something like in Sicily for attacks upon Malta is an example of a good choice. HQ support helps but is not a must. Now every turn they must be used for an attack, the longer range they have the more opportunities for deployment, but eventually you may have to protect them, especially against air attacks from double strike CVs.

Here's the kicker, they're vulnerable and the support they will need from other unit types to keep them safe requires a greater investment than most players are willing to make. Of course if you had double strike fighters and TAC, perhaps anti-air defense, then they may be worth the effort and could be used to set some nice little traps for your opponents as they are a nuisance weapon.