Great game!

This is my first game in the SC series, I followed the series evolution as I was tired to play games only in European Theater; when SC Pacific came out I was interested and intended to buy it when SC Global was annouced so I waited it to come out and I am not disapointed! The game is alot of fun with a simple and efficient interface which make gameplay great (flowing gameplay is very important to me).

The game is very good without a single patch yet, this realease is a succes in my opinion.

As an improvement, I would like to have artillery, anti-tank and AA guns in the default campaigns. Variety of units is good but I was hoping they were available in the default campaigns.

Again, great job on this game!

Hi Syagrius!

Welcome aboard and I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game, definitely don't hesitate to spread the word :)

For those extra units these are possible in the default campaign and all you have to do is select 'Soft Build Limits' in the Advanced options dialog in game. The only catch is that the artillery will sound like Katyusha rockets as we only included these units for the USSR in the default setup so to skip this sound please navigate to your Global Conflict installation directory and then to the Campaigns\_1939 World At War subdirectory.

From there you will find a file called 'campaign.ini' and if you open it and change the following line from #CUSTOM_SOUND= 1 to #CUSTOM_SOUND= 0 it will do the trick.

Hope this helps and happy gaming :)

Hubert

Hi Syagrius!

Welcome aboard and I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game, definitely don't hesitate to spread the word :)

For those extra units these are possible in the default campaign and all you have to do is select 'Soft Build Limits' in the Advanced options dialog in game. The only catch is that the artillery will sound like Katyusha rockets as we only included these units for the USSR in the default setup so to skip this sound please navigate to your Global Conflict installation directory and then to the Campaigns\_1939 World At War subdirectory.

From there you will find a file called 'campaign.ini' and if you open it and change the following line from #CUSTOM_SOUND= 1 to #CUSTOM_SOUND= 0 it will do the trick.

Hope this helps and happy gaming :)

Hubert

Thanks Hubert, and be sure I will spread to word.

About the soft build limits, in my current game I forgot to select it at the start of the game, when I realized this later I changed it ingame. I cant have access to the game now (at work) but I was under the impression I couldnt produced them, I will check this out when I get home.

Thanks again!

OK, but...

Idea in GC is - in this scale no AA, AT, Rocket (only Germany), Artillery (only USSR).

I think by eliminated - from unit list (soft limit game - too) this units. In "special" 1939 World At War official map - to players with "original Hubert GC map idea".

Armuss

OK, but...

Idea in GC is - in this scale no AA, AT, Rocket (only Germany), Artillery (only USSR).

I think by eliminated - from unit list (soft limit game - too) this units. In "special" 1939 World At War official map - to players with "original Hubert GC map idea".

Armuss

Well in my opinion, even if I know there was no AT or AA at the corps level historically (USSR had artillery divisions however) I think they are relevant in the game as they can represent emphasis on AA defense or artillery or rockets. The thing is that artillery is most useful for Japan in China since the Chineses have strong defensive positions and that it rains half of the year so tac bombers cant provide reliable support.

Also it gives the game more flavour and a good ol Panzer General feel, which is a very good thing :)