Ryu's USMC mod

Nearing release, just going to try to add some more stuff and sent in a PM about including the British pack para SAW.

Currently features: Para SAW, no 'terminator' goggles, gloves, MTV armor, and some randomization.

Planing to add: 'functional' T shirts and rolled up sleeves, some weapon texturing, mix in the syrian SF model, possibly add tan nomex flight suits, and of course more texture details (nametas, kneepads, glasses, etc).

CMShockForce2010-03-2118-05-03-76.jpg

First release is here: http://www.filefront.com/15930039/RYU%20USMC.rar (a hefty 112 mb uncompressed!)

-Let me know if you find any bugs or performance issues.

-it loads a bit more models and stuff, let me know if that effects anyone's performance.

-It didn't look right with flightsuits mixed in with MARPAT, if anyone wants a just flight suits version, let me know.

-It'll probably get updated, I've been having issues randomizing weapon textures.

-Feel free to modify or reuse this in any way, hopefully it should provide some good examples of swaping models and hex editing, feel free to ask any questions about ii.

Very good looking Marines.:)

I like what i see, but unfortunately, i think i get a small performance issue when the fight is on or when the Marines clutter together,but it could be fine for others(I don`t have the best PC in the world).I haven't played many missions with the file yet, but i did see one obvious bug.When the Automatic Grenade Launcher soldier goes to reload his weapon, he seems to dribble it once on the ground like a basketball, i noticed this when he was on a roof top.There was also some weird shaky head movement, but it was rare from what i saw.

There seems to be little changes when they are engaged in a firefight, but i just can`t quite put my finger on whats different.It`s like the game where you have to find 10 different things from 2 pictures that are identical just slightly altered,and i haven`t been very observant on what was changed.

The Marines also look more fit(could be my imagination),and it looks good in my opinion, but it would be nice to see more variety in the faces.The ones that are there now,and the ones with the goggles look great, but still a lot of twins.Be cool to get some Hispanic faces to go along with the Caucasian and African ones,might as well say there should be some Asian and Middle East faces also so I don`t get a back lash about being racist or prejudice:),after all there are many races in the western world forces.The more variety in faces the better, just don`t know how well it will match up with the names, tho it wouldn't be a problem in some cases lol.

I like the work that was done, and it does add character to the Marines.Good job ;)

I'm not sure where the head and grenade launcher issues are coming from as the mod doesn't touch on the animations. I didn't see anything that would cause an animation issue in the model. I'll keep looking though.

It's just a visual mod, so the firefights should be the same, the marines just look better.

The marines do look more fit, as the T-shirts and rolled up sleeves involve retexturing some of the sleeve as arm, so it looks wider. A bit of an unintentional side effect.

As far as faces, I just used the default faces that came with the game as with the way the mod is set up there would be a "snowball effect" on the work involved in adding a new face now, more than making just the face texture. Also, there should be 2 Hispanic faces that came with the game mixed in there somewhere...

Thanks for the feedback :)

• 6 months later...