KURSK 1943.exe (HAS STOPPED WORKING!)

OK, I own TOW1, TOW 2Afrika and DL and played the Kursk Demo with no problems. However, this is my first Digital Download of an entire TOW game (my other full games I installed from Disc.)

On installing Kursk at the very end of the install where the installer exe. says it will have to restart the computer it did not do this on its' own, I had to finally manually do a restart myself.

I got the game started and started adjusting my settings. After doing that and restarting my PC I tried starting Kursk and got the "Kursk 1943.exe has stopped working message."

I never had this error with any of the TOW games. I'm running Vista 32-bit and I DO have UAC off, as I've found I don't have to run TOW games and others "as adminstrator." I've also tried running in "XP Comp Mode." And yes, I've also tried running as "admin" just for the hell of it. I've tried "disabling deskop comp" (I'm using a 1680x1050 native res.) I'm still having the same problem.

I've tried looking through the program/data filed to see if something is missing like a dll file or mcvsp file, but haven't notice anything. Should I resort to an uninstall and reinstall of the game? What is the fix for this problem?

My system and specs:

Falcon-NW Fragbox2 Gaming PC

Intel Duo-Core 3.16Ghz Chip

ATI Radeon 4850GC

Vista 32-bit OS w/4mb RAM

7200rpm drive w/185mb free space

Follow-UP. Well, it looks like the new update has fixed my startup.exe problem. So, now if I click on the Kursk desktop icon it goes to the updater and then I click Play from there, and the game starts. Kind of a roundabout way to start the game, but it works so I'm not complaining!