Tinted footage from the Russian Front

I believe this extract is from a French TV series and its interesting the effect that just a hint of colour can give this familiar footage. Ignore the crappy music and turn the sound down, I'm sure seasoned veterans of CMBB can do the sound effects in their heads.

I 'liked' the soldier being literally blown off his feet by the 76.2 field gun going off, as he ran past. Enjoy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e6_1267972120

I believe tinted, as some of the footage has been around a long time. Interesting shot of the Maxim firing suppressive fire, try that with a tripod mounted MG-42. The crude factors in CMBB do not do justice to the Maxim when used this way at short range, sure the MG-42 is more accurate at long range engagements, where limited traverse is not an issue but close in, trying to suppress a building? Hopefully the MG suppression issue will be solved by CM2, but I don't think Shockforce uses beaten zones, so who knows

I do get a little tired reading about how 'realistic' the latest CM incarnation is, but then find basic mechanisms are lacking. How can you simulate MG's properly if you do not have a rudimentary beaten zone, we have area of effect for HE why not treat MG's as area weapons? Their zone of effect could be varied due to range, at least then their true value on the battlefield could be better appreciated.

Yup Bannon, what the poster has done is take snips from a French series about the war. I posted it originally not for any narative but the effect of colouring the frames, it just suddenly seemed, to me, far more immediate, less remote. As veterans die off, in ever increasing numbers and WWII is becoming like WWI, in the collective memory, I just was interested in the power of colour in affecting the response of the viewer. Strip away the PPSH's and the bolt action rifles and the ragged, fur hatted troops could be in Grozny, not Berlin.

Does anyone know where a full copy of the original documentary can be found?

Sergei this should help to explain the concept of a beaten zone

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/23-65/ch62.htm