Brit Infantry vs. Tanks

In my last few QB's, I've had Brit Infantry vs. Tanks. Brit Infantry don't carry many AT weapons and every time I tried to get my AT (LAWs) in range of the enemy tanks, my troops were always spotting and killed first. Smoke, roof tops, odd angles between buildings, in each case the enemy always shot first. In modern warfare he who shoots first wins!

Enemy tanks seem to spotting and killing my infantry before they can target the enemy tanks. I never had this problem with US infantry (better long range AT weapons).

Are the Brit's really that bad vs. Armour, what am I doing wrong?

I've had the same problem with U.S. infantry being spotted first by enemy tanks and my troops were in BUILDINGS. Not only that, but it happens with BMPs and T-55s without IR optics. IMO tank spotting ability vs. infantry in concealment needs to be reduced a bit.

Not only that, but it happens with BMPs and T-55s without IR optics.

Well the bulk standard BMP-1 does have IR (the searchlight mounted on the hull roof just forward of the gun). It does not have TI until latter variants - if that is what you meant to really say.

As for the T-55, that depends on which model you are referring to.