A real nut for ya, unhandled exception...

Error msg when connecting to opponent in a tcp/ip game..(cmbb, cmak)

Unhandled exception: c0000005

At address: 00000000

This happened suddenly. ALL of our tcp/ip games had worked prior to this. This happens in both cmbb and cmak. There seems to be a correlation in size of the file here. When we start a smaller game, say 1000 pts, it runs fine until about turn 4, when the files gets progressivly bigger. On a large game, it fails at once (pinging sound, error msg) The weird thing is is that on the very same day I played a large game with my opponent and everything worked...the next game we played suddenly didnt...it didnt matter which scenario..or if i reinstalled the whole game. No setting son my pc have been changed either...Ive runned antivirus..defrag..spybot..the lot. This happens when i connect to all my opponents..

What is the problem here?

Okay, so dish us your rig, version of windows, etc.

Try going here - DSL Reports requires a free sign up now, but they don't send you junk e-mails, etc. Under that tools section, choose Tweak Test - follow directions. See what the report says about your TCP/IP connection, and let us know.

It couldn't hurt to download Memtest86, just to make sure everything's operating correctly. I once had a bad stick of PC133 RAM that caused Unhandled Exception errors.

[ April 11, 2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Hpt. Lisse ]