Bravo Zulu, Canada, on the Olympic opening ceremonies!

John Kettler

Simply tremendous, and I loved how inclusive and respectful the ceremonies were! The man who put the production together is a visual genius of the first water, someone of immense creativity who brought together the most diverse elements into a harmonious whole, splendidly representing the Canadian peoples and the land in the process. Well done!

Regards,

John Kettler

Have only seen the highlights, but that setpiece with swimming Orcas wasn't a mere feat of technology,it was magic!

Poor form on the Canucks getting the Georgian guy killed.

That corner is even to my untrained eye an accident waiting to happen. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but very little protection to prevent people leaving the track and poles right behind. Who thought that was clever!?

It appears that beforehand several had commented on that corner specifically being dangerous. Guess it wasn't listened to.

Elmar Bijlsma,

Am still trying to figure out how some of those visuals were achieved! Concur that the designers of the now deadly luge course utterly failed to take Murphy's Law into account, let alone in a foreseeable, hence legally actionable, high risk part of the course. I certainly would've had collision padding on that area, seeing as how a luger becomes an unstable projectile in the event of a crash. The IOC, given the video of the horrific accident's been broadcast globally, would be wise to settle generously and quickly.

Regards,

John Kettler