Low walls and Deployed MGs

After playing some missions and trying to experiment with the MG deployments, gradually finding the where is good and where is not good places to deploy and when its best and not best to deploy, I keep coming across this LOS issue on low walls with deployed MGs.

The pictures below basically speak for themselves on what's happening.When deployed, the MG have no LOS on the hill.When not deployed, the MG have LOS on the hill.Is this going to be changed so the MGs can deploy on the small wall or gain LOS, Or am I miss reading something?

CMShockForce2010-02-0320-49-45-27.jpg

CMShockForce2010-02-0320-50-18-97.jpg

As it stands now I find it best not to deploy behind walls and only to deploy when the enemy are far away.When the enemy are close I find its best that they do not deploy so the assistant gunner can take shots with his rifle.

Given that "deploying" an MG represents using a tripod mount to give it a more stable base, IRL can an MG be easily deployed on your typical low wall?

I don't know; I'm asking anyone here with RL training and experience. I ask because I'd estimate most low walls I've seen are probably 20-40cm wide, and based on pictures I've seen, the distance between the front and back legs of your typical GMG tripod seems to be wider than this...

YD in most cases you wouldn't place the tripod on the wall, if you had time to [prepare a position you might try to build up the dirt behind the wall so the gun would peek over the top. In a rush situation you'd just put the bipod legs on the wall and let it rip...

YD in most cases you wouldn't place the tripod on the wall, if you had time to [prepare a position you might try to build up the dirt behind the wall so the gun would peek over the top. In a rush situation you'd just put the bipod legs on the wall and let it rip...

Thanks, Splinty. So it sounds like CMSF has it about right, then.

Walls seems to be somewhat artificial. This MG stuff is one of them. Wall in middle of open field makes area fire impossible past it. Not very funny when there's platoon worth of blood thirsty enemies and i should get my men moving past that space. Each time my men pop up they get exposed to enemy fire and probably get casualties. My own men are not able to suppress them with area fire as wall blocks LOS, so they can take shots of opportunity at best at long ranges when enemy pops up to fire, but it's not very effective. Crawl will exhaust my men badly and is slow, other than that it would be most logical way to deal with that problem. But manly men don't press their cocks into soil, atleast under my command.

I don't know is my point of view wonky, but usually maps with lots of low walls are pain in my arse because of reason that i just don't coupe with how to handle walls which blocks LOS.

If I'm not mistaken the Mg's can deploy and shoot on any roof top as well as in buildings, but I have noticed that in some trench areas and by low walls it's best not to have them deployed, because they will have no LOS.I guess I miss judged the Deploy action a bit, I figured it also meant that it improvised with its surroundings when resting the weapon or setting it up on a tripod.

Thanks for the replies.:)