How do you install 2 copies of CM

Hi,

I keep reading how many have 2 or more copies of CM installed so they can play diffenent versions and mods. How does one install a 2nd copy?

Every time I try it, I click "Setup" and it already knows that I have a copy installed and only gives me the option of repair or remove.

Help Please.

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

You can copy the files off the CDROM directly rather than using the setup program. I can't recall if the setup program allows you to specify a different directory during part of the setup or (as in your case) it automatically detects that there is an existing directory and gives you only the options you mentioned.

Anyway, copying the files off the CDROM to a directory you have created can allow you to have several installations of CM, but they each have to have the same directory structure (in other words you can't just share one BMP or WAV directory with all the copies of CM - to my knowledge).

When I went from 1.03 to 1.04 and then 1.05 I just renamed the exe file before bringing the new one in. I then pointed my shortcuts to the version exe file that I wanted to play. As for playing with different mods you need to keep switching them out unless you want to have multiple setups on you harddrive . I suppose you could make different bmp directories based on the mods you want to play and then just copy into the bmp directory the game uses. Need big Hard drive for this one tho.

------------------

Teutonicc

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

From memory........First make a new directory on your harddrive. Browse the CM CD and find the setup file, open it and install into the new directory you just made, should be simple.

I have 2 installations, one is straight from the CD and updated to 1.5, the other has all the mods from Madmatt.

I named one CM 1.5 Maddog2, the other is default. When a patch comes out I then update my original installation so i can play new pbem games immediately, then i can continue and finish my current games using the other installaton.

Don't forget to have 2 desktop shortcuts and name them accordingly.

It is very handy having 2 installations.

Cheers

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918