Will TOW Kursk emulate tank crew communication?

Yesterday I watched a show on the Military Channel about the Battle of Kursk.

There was a comment made on the human cost in this battle. I believe I heard that the Russians lost 180,000 men in the battle compared to the German loss of 55,000 men yet the Russians won this battle.

It would seem a tall order to win this battle as the Germans in the game.

There was discussion on one aspect in which the Germans were able to exploit; and that was in terms of communication. The Russians had AM radio; 1 transmitter per column. The Germans had FM broadcast capability in every tank. The Germans would seek out the Russian tank with the broadcast antenae and target it 1st. Once this was accomplished the communication capability was removed for that tank column.

Does TOW Kursk emulate this difference between the sides somehow in the game? Would there be more disarray with a Russian tank column than a German column if the lead tank was taken out?

Many years ago I read this fascinating difference when I played the game Panzer Blitz, and the Military channel special brought this back to the top of my mind.

The Germans won the battle of Prokhorova (the Tank battle with over 1000 tanks involved) but lost Operation Citadelle (Battle of Kursk). Operation Citadelle main goal was to close the Kursks Gap. The threat of an Allied invasion in Italie forced the Germans to redirect their "Fire Brigade Units" (participating in Operation Citadelle) to Italie. And thus the Operation Citadelle came to an end.

So, you say the Germans lost Kursk battle because of the threat of Allied invasion in Italy? What a wonderful example of Allied version of history. After sustaining the losses in Kursk battle all they could do is what they did in reality - fall back trying only to delay the enemy advance, Allied invasion or not.

Paulverisor64

No, the difference in radio equipment is not modeled. Radio equipment quality and quantity differed much between units and what you say is a very simplified version. For example, Germans tend to target T-34 with two periscopes (command version), so a second false periscope (piece of a steel pipe) was mounted on the other tanks.

The germans lost the battle because the russians alredy knew of the operation and had time to prepare and fortified the kursk region.They had a spy in german high command to, and also descripted the german radio comunication ,thanks to the british intelligence(ENIGMA).But aside this the game will be GREAT:D