Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

new scenarios dont show in available list

i found out what was wrong in trying to get user scns to show in the available list...the manuel says that i'm running the game off the cd and to make sure its running off the hard disk...but does not say anything about how to do so...there are no options when installing accept the destination diretory and no options after setup to change anything..

You probably should have mentioned that you're playing either CMBO or CMBB and if it is the BFC/BTS or CDV version.

With CMBO it is possible to play the game directly off of the CD. How do you launch CM - is there a shortcut somewhere on your desktop ? If you're launching a shortcut, then right-click on it and go to 'properties' check the 'path' that the file is being launched from and make sure that it isn't your CD drive. If it is, then you need to find your CM installation (which will usually default to C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBO for CMBO or C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBB for CMBB - for the BFC/BTS version) and make a shortcut to the executable there and place that on your desktop or Start Menu.

The BFC/BTS version of CMB0 has a small installer in the root directory of the CD that you have to launch manually (it doesn't autoplay, but the CDV version does). For CMBB (which you can't play directly from the CD) you have to run the only file on the CD to auto-extract the files to your hard drive.

thanks for your help folks but still no go. i have cmbb by the way..as a matter of fact i have cmbb 102 from the disk...no need to patch...brand new printing..when the game installs it sets up its own short cut on the desk top wich points to the game directory in the hardrive...when i go in to try it directly it still does not show new scenarios...i've tryed everything dealing with the shortcut issue. Also going into properties of the shortcuts they always lead to the right place...ie the target field etc..i even tryed pulling the cd out after starting to see if i could still play(if its running off the cd it should not work) but it worked fine wwich means its reading the hard drive files.

Where did you purchase your copy of CMBB from ?

Scenarios should be copied to the (using the default directories for the BTS/BFC version) C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBB\SCENARIOS directory. Saved/in-progress games should appear in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBB\Saved Games directory. The files should have a .CME or .CMF extension to them. You cannot play CMBO scenarios in CMBB. Copying any CMBO created scenarios into CMBB's scenario folder will not show the files in the menu listing.

Where did you get the scenarios that you're trying to copy or are these scenarios that you've created yourself ?

CMBB cannot be played from the CD - neither the BFC/BTS or CDV versions. Only CMBO is capable of being played directly off of the CD.

hello,

no i have the right scns for the game...all i did was unzip the files into the scn folder. according to the manuel, the reason for the problem is the game is running off cd..perhaps its wrong but no matter what i try the scns do not show...i would assume the mods wont work either but have not chcked yet.

If you browse to the Scenario directory, does it have the new files that you've added ? If you play a game and save it before it is done (or just quit it after a few turns) do you get an 'autosave' file at the top of the list in orange colored text ?

To my knowledge it is impossible to play CMBB from the CD. There is only one file on the CD (for the BTS/BFC version) that has to be extracted in order it to work. CMBO on the other hand had all of its files uncompressed and in the same directory structure that would eventually be on the hard drive once the game was installed. This allowed you to accidentally play the game from CD. Even the CDV version has to have some sort of compression because CMBB extracts to 1.2Gb.

Why don't you move all of the scenario files into another directory completely out of the CMBB directory. I'm not sure if CMBB will properly launch this way, but if it does then you should have an empty scenario/operations folder. If it isn't, then you must be manipulating the wrong directory.

Also, these 'scenarios' that you're adding - are all of them scenarios or do they happen to be operations ? You'll of course have to click on the Operations button near the upper right hand corner to see those files.

thanx

i tryed those solutions a few days ago with no result..i tryed just using the downloded scns in a new scn folder to see if they apear. when i started the game there were no scns in the availeable list but the autosve was still there...this is a very strange bug...its starting to make me think its my computer