Can't run downloaded scenarios

Have downloaded a couple of scenarios and a campaign for CMSF (installed and patched to v 1.08) but can't get them to run. I extracted the .cam or .btt files into the Combat Mission Shock Force / Game Files / Campaigns or /Scenarios folders, but they don't show up in the game. If I start the scenario editor, I can see the files when I browse but the game won't let me load them. Am I missing something?

That's very odd. Which scenarios specifically are you having problems with? If you've only got the basegame and are adding scenarios with module forces in it then the game won't recognize it. No playing Marines without the Marine module.

That was discovered to be a nuisance early on so the game scenario guys stuck pretty rigidly to putting the prefix 'UK' to start Brit module scenario names and 'USMC' to start Marine scenario names. 3rd party scenario designers? not so much.

One example is "A Crossroad Hamlet Assault", which I downloaded from the repository section for CMSF base game. Another is "One Night in Waziristan". Neither of them show up under "battles" when the game is run.

Turns out the campaign was for CMSF:Marines, so my bad on that one. I did however just grab a 3rd scenario from the CMSF base game repository (Choke Point), and that one works. So perhaps the first two were erroneously put in the base game section.

One example is "A Crossroad Hamlet Assault", which I downloaded from the repository section for CMSF base game. Another is "One Night in Waziristan". Neither of them show up under "battles" when the game is run.

Turns out the campaign was for CMSF:Marines, so my bad on that one. I did however just grab a 3rd scenario from the CMSF base game repository (Choke Point), and that one works. So perhaps the first two were erroneously put in the base game section.

Hi,

As a matter of fact "A crossroad Hamlet Assault" has been the first scenario I have made before having the MARINES release. It works fine on both of my computers. I had first CMSF base game installed, then latter the MARINES add on and the patches have been installed up to V 1.21. I never had any problems opening and running it. I am really sorry, not being able to help you on that issue, not understanding what is going wrong and why.

Cheers anyway