EoS not compatible with latest Nvidia drivers?

Hawk

I installed a new GFX card and updated to the latest Nvidia drivers (195.62). When trying to run EoS the game screen doesn't show. I get everything else (window frame, menus etc) and can click and select units and cities as well as give orders, but nothing is drawn on the playing field. I just see the desktop though it. I downloaded and installed the demo, but the same happened there.

After rolling back the drivers to my previous version (191.07), everything works ok.

Im using those exact drivers(195.62) and dont have any issues. I did have a problem exactly like you are describing in a game before, and it turned out I was having a power supply issue. The newer drivers were causing my video card to use a little more power and my failing power supply wasnt giving it enough. Check to see how close your power supply is to meeting the minumum requirements for your new video card,...its possible your new card is using more power than your old card and your old power supply cant keep up. If it isnt that, IF possible check your video card and power supply to see if either is failing.

Sadly, I dont. I have enough parts lying around that I can replace things to see what the problem is. Hopefully someone else may know, as I am sure there is some way to find out. I think the BIOS has some voltage readings/settings,...but I have never learned anything about them to know what I was seeing.

EDIT- Just because the card is brand new doesnt mean it isnt defective. In fact, that would be my first suspect.............. but it could be a power issue. The power supply might not be failing....it just might be too small wattage wise.