Tutorial

James Cobb

In the first tutorial you must identify the 2 transports. Then you are told to engage the 2 enemy PT boats. Once both PT boats are gone you will be instructed to torpedo the 2 transports you first identified.

In this first tutorial your gunners will not fire. You must man the gun positions yourself.

I hope that helps.

Just a follow-up to this. I must be doing something wrong, because in both play-throughs of the first tutorial, i only get to identify the first cargo ship and then the enemy torpedo boats come out to fight. After that I'm given the order to attack, I can target and torpedo the first (rearmost) ship but the front ship refuses to be identified and I can only torpedo it manually (without targeting).

Here's what I'm doing:- I approach from the rear of the convoy with the other friendlies, with me on the right flank. I go forward parallel but to starboard of the convoy. I use the binos to identify the rear ship when it gets to about 0.5km - the front ship is at 700m and won't be identified.

I then fight the enemy boats and sink them, then target the rear ship, put a fish into it and then move up close to the front ship with the binos trained on it. Well under 500m and held steady in the glasses, but it won't identify, hence i can't target it. First go through the mission ended automatically with one ship still sailing. Second playthrough I torpedoed it manually by lining up the shot and hitting space.

Am I doing something wrong?

smith