Great potential scenario resource?

John Kettler

Hi! I recently read a politico-military thriller written during and set in the Cold War called Fire Arrow, by Franklin Allen Leib. Not only was it a great read, but it offers a truly remarkable multiplayer combat scenario in which some amazing encounters occur, with forces seldom seen in a wargame. I've never played TacOps 4, but I thought it might offer something new and exciting to the TacOps 4 community. Here's an interview with the author.

http://wiredforbooks.org/franklinallenleib/index.htm

Seems to me that the basic plot could be tweaked in several different directions, too. For example, terrorists snatch Russians, and win the VDV sweepstakes. Or, both U.S. and Russian officials get grabbed, creating a strange bedfellow situation of planned or unplanned jointness.

Regards,

John Kettler

Deadmeat1471,

I was so impressed with it that I need to pass the info to whichever of my brothers currently has the modern Micro-Armour. In think this is a natural for a battle with miniatures at a wargame convention, since there are multiple forces in play, each with a bunch of small units to be commanded. Adding to the excitement is that there may be differing agendas even on a given side, not to mention that contingency orders are in play, too.

Regards,

John Kettler