Patch V1.02 - version index doesn´t appear

Zoppex

• 2 weeks later...

If you launch the game and it still says 1.01 then you are still running the 1.01 version of the game BUT the patch files could in fact be installed (see below).

My guess (and I am checking into this) is that for some reason the 1.02 patch (CDV German version) creates a DIFFERENT named exe to launch the game. Whats happening is that people are using the old shortcut to launch the game and its launching the OLD executable instead of the new one, which is also in the same location.

Any of you that have installed the German CDV patch, just look into your game folder and see how many .exe files you see. If you see two of them than that is the problem.

I will check this myself and let you know what I find.

Madmatt

litchy,

I am still researching this issue but my CDV CD got damaged and I have to wait to get another one sent from them.

I was curious to what you saw when you looked into your game folder.

Were there two different exe's and if so what were they both called and which one was the new one?

Madmatt

[ March 10, 2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

UPDATE...

It *seems* that at least the German language patch at CDV has the 1.01 exe in it instead of the 1.02. The UK and French patches may or may not suffer from this same issue.

Apparently the joint language patch has the correct file.

We are alerting CDV to this issue at once. For now, the solution is to download the multi-language patch if you have the CDV/Euro version of CMBB.

Madmatt

Madmatt what i noticed in the game folder was two games exe's. One was created recently when I installed the multi language patch (as suggested) the other a while ago when I installed 1.01. What it may be is that I use a desktop shortcut to run the game (play button on autoplay say's it can't find file xxxx). I deleted the old exe and everythings fine.

Just remembered that I tried out CMMOS a while ago, if memory serves at the time I think I had to rename the exe, because the CDV version is combat mission 2 not Barbarossa to Berlin, which CMMOS wouldn't reconise. Could this be the reason for two exes? just a thought.

No, CDV is supposed to have a different named exe than the Battlefront.com version.

I was just thinking that perhaps they renamed it again but we have now confirmed that the CDV patch (German at least) actually still has the 1.01 executable packed in the patch.

The multilingual version has the correct 1.02 exe file though which is why we advise that you only patch with that file.

We have alerted CDV of this and hopefully they will update their patches to get this fixed.

The problem with CMMOS is the fact that Gordon didnt realize that CDV changed the exe name and he has CMMOS set to only recognize the original filename. I believe that was changed in a more recent CMMOS version.

Madmatt

When I try to apply the multilingual patch it claims that "No installation of Combat Mission 2 was found. You have to install... " and then exits the installation. Same happens even if I copy the patch-exe to CM2 directory and try to run it from there.

What is wrong? I definitely have the v1.01 installed, it works just fine.

Br,

Jukka-Pekka