CM:SF - Australian SAS

I have CM:SF + Marines + British Forces modules...

It would have been good to have the Aussie SAS in with maybe the UK forces considering they are the best modern day troops around (Yes I am biased)...

We are still technically part of the commonwealth (unfortunately) but definitely not large enough to warrant our own module, so maybe we could come in with UN forces...??? :D

I vaguely recall BFC saying that the Aussie SAS would be included at some stage. It was a response to a request that they be included based on the fact they were one of the first units into Iraq in 2003. It was before CMSF was released and I can't find the thread so I'm probably deluded.

In any case to say they are the best modern troops around is questionable. There is no answer to who has the best SF, at least when you consider the professional elite services of the more advanced militaries. Unless your going to put them all in the same combat role and see how they perform or put them against each other in some sort of death game knock out competition you're always going to get a nationalistic or biased response, with objectivity lost in the mix.

Hmmm I think I've just got an idea for a new reality TV show - Survivor - Special Forces.

I vaguely recall BFC saying that the Aussie SAS would be included at some stage. It was a response to a request that they be included based on the fact they were one of the first units into Iraq in 2003. It was before CMSF was released and I can't find the thread so I'm probably deluded.

In any case to say they are the best modern troops around is questionable. There is no answer to who has the best SF, at least when you consider the professional elite services of the more advanced militaries. Unless your going to put them all in the same combat role and see how they perform or put them against each other in some sort of death game knock out competition you're always going to get a nationalistic or biased response, with objectivity lost in the mix.

Hmmm I think I've just got an idea for a new reality TV show - Survivor - Special Forces.

I agree, every 'special force' has a designated role to play. I dont think you can compare them directly with each other.

While I dont doubt the Aussies are good, Im not sure they are the best. I dont think anyone is the best. Mind you, Ive always liked the Aussies when Ive served with them, gave me my first lesson in proper swearing they did. Oh and long may you be part of the Commonwealth.