Strange Happenings...Can You Explain For Me??? BUG???

Lanzfeld

I have recently started to play around with the scenariio editor just to get a feel for it and I am having fun making some small "test battles" just to play with the Red and Blue toys.

I made a small battle where I have Red vs. Red and one side (AI) has a few tanks running around a big town with no support and I control a 2 man RPG team just to run around and try to kill the tank. Fun stuff.

First, a few questions on the C2 I am seeing:

I play on Elite. My RPG team is conscript and they show NO radio. In the corner of the map I have the HQ unit and a few squads hidden behind a building because I had to buy them when purchasing my RPG team. No matter where my RPG team goes in the town I show that they are in contact with thier HQ unit via the "long range visual" icon. The one that shows the head and shoulders. Also, I have a green chain up to the top. Even when the RPG team is out of visual contact for 10 minutes plus the C2 is not broken. How do they have "visual contact" across the town? No LOS at all?????

Related matter: Although I am showing the RPG guys "in contact", the tank that the RPG guys are looking at NEVER gets reported up the chain even after 30 minutes. The HQ never gets the red question mark where the tank is. This leads me to believe that the RPG team is NOT in contact despite the icon saying that it is. Am I correct here? I dont want to call "bug" if there is something I am missing.

Last issue/question: RPG guys sprint across street trying to get flank shot on tank. One guy gets cut down by main tank gun BOOM! I see my rocket ammo get cut in half. No problem. Single RPG guy makes good and continues to fight. Later, after my single guy is out of rockets he goes back to his partner in the street to do buddy aid (but more so I need those rockets!!! ). He does the buddy aid and he picks up no rockets. Am I to assume that the rockets were damaged from the tank blast? Can we EVER get rockets from fallen comrades??? I just cant remember seeing this.

Thanks guys

Thanks c3k, I figured that the rockets were just kaput from the tank blast.

I just tested some more.

I tried "Iron" mode and that seemed to work as it should.

Then I tried "Elite" again and same problem as before. It seems that the units are NOT in com because they will not exchange info yet the icon and tree show in com. This MAY just be a bug in "Elite" mode?

Ya, it sounds like an Elite mode bug on the com display only to me -- it sounds like the game mechanics are working properly, but the UI isn't displaying correctly.

And yeah, you can definitely pick up RPG rockets via Buddy Aid. But like all weapon and ammo pickups with Buddy Aid, it's not a sure thing. I assume this is meant to reflect stuff such as the rockets being damaged, or maybe in the case of your guy killed by a tank main gun round, maybe the rockets got blown off his body and landed somewhere away from the body, where the guy doing Buddy Aid doesn't see them.

Doing some more C2 testing for US this time.

On Iron mode (the one that seems to work) I notice that when a squad sees a bad guy and they get a chance they send the info up the chain so everyone has the info. The thing that I do not see happening is that the squad doesnt update thier own position on the map for the HQ. What I mean is...the HQ has a "?" on the map where they last saw the squad and they never get any position updates from the same squad. This small gap of info may not be a bug at all. Maybe it was just not important so it was never programmed into the C2 system.