Out of Memory

Husker50

I just had another Out of Memory error.

Task Manager said EOS.exe was usinf 1,505,614K of memory.

My computer only has 2GB of memory, DOH!!!

This was with a Map Editor map of 4000x3200, 100% cities and resources.

After making the map and saving it I exited back to the desktop and restarted EOS.

I was running at about turn 60 I believe when I got the error.

After making the map and saving it I exited back to the desktop and restarted EOS.

I'm sure there are some things I can do here to reduce memory usage. I'll have to sit down and look it this week.

I'm doing a big rewrite of the memory system to get rid of these kinds of issues. The new system will be in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

HP HDX18 laptop

4 gig ram

I am playing on the largest map with 10 players and I am about 1/3 the way through the game. I am getting Out of Memory every 1-2 turns which makes playing this current game any further a waste of effort.

This is the third game of the last four I had to end due to the memory issue.

Do all the extra messages I receive now due to the 'borders addition' add to the memory problem?

On another note I still do not get a warm fuzzy feeling when issuing orders to a battleship if it went through or not.

HP HDX18 laptop

4 gig ram

I am playing on the largest map with 10 players and I am about 1/3 the way through the game. I am getting Out of Memory every 1-2 turns which makes playing this current game any further a waste of effort.

This is the third game of the last four I had to end due to the memory issue.

Yikes. I knew there were some memory problems when people play the largest map and 10 players, but you've got 4GB. How big is your save-file, by the way?

Do all the extra messages I receive now due to the 'borders addition' add to the memory problem?

I'm not sure what this issue is related to. I went out of my way to keep memory down for the border calculations. Maybe I'm doing something dumb somewhere in the new code.

Saved Game file is 72.1MB in size.

I just uploaded a new version. I did reduce the memory used by borders, but I'm doubtful that this was the problem. Let me know about the game's memory usage after this update. If you are still having trouble, maybe you could zip the save-game and email it to me. I'll put my email address into your private messages.