How can I be sure the game will run on my system?

Ubercat

I DL'd and installed two different versions of the beta demo on my quad core, Vista 64 system and neither would run. They installed properly, and put a shortcut on the desktop. I'd double click it and nothing would happen. No game or even an error message. I think I also tried running the executable directly and that did nothing, either.

I didn't seek tech support at the time because BF's tech support looks a little convoluted and who would want to take the time for a free demo anyway? Now that the game is out, maybe I can get some assistance.

Ideas?

Yes. It's your Vista security stuff.

As with all our games, you need to run them for the first time with full admin rights. This includes "Run as administrator" from the Properties menu. Or you can switch off User Access Control (UAC) entirely, too. Personally I find it doesn't do anything other than annoy me from time to time.

Problem was solved by changing properties of the shortcut. I played the tutorial a while before seeing the reply to change the exe as well. Maybe I don't have to? Anyway, it's working now and I'll probably be getting the game soon. Thanks again!

Problem was solved by changing properties of the shortcut. I played the tutorial a while before seeing the reply to change the exe as well. Maybe I don't have to? Anyway, it's working now and I'll probably be getting the game soon. Thanks again!

Great. Glad it's working properly now.