How do you occupy an objective?

I know this sounds like a silly question, but how do you know when you've occupied an objective? I ask because I just completed the 7th Brit scenario, where you have to occupy the Police Station and Crossroads. I finished the game with Inf. units in the Police Station and vehicles just outside the Police Station and right on the Crossroads (all in the green area) - but when I checked the scenario AAR I got 'Failed' on the occupy Police Station/Crossroads objectives. Now I'm wondering what 'occupy' actually means as an objective?

'Occupy' is not the proper military terminology for this scenario. 'Clear' or 'Secure' is the proper term as in Clear or Secure the police station and crossroads. Check the green objective zone colored area and ensure that no enemy are in the green area.

So, assume that 'occupy' means 'secure' or 'clear'.